If you’re having second thoughts about going to some of the Gulf countries, this article can help you decide. Leaving your home country is never easy, especially if you have to go thousands of miles away. But, there are plenty of reasons which can help you go the distance.
The Persian Gulf consists of seven countries: United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Iran, Qatar and Kuwait. Common thing for all Gulf counties is oil. Believe it or not, this particular location contains more than 50% of the world’s oil reserves. States from Persian Gulf currently produce about 20% of the entire world’s oil output.
Consequently, Gulf countries offer tons of job opportunities with excellent working conditions. Working in Gulf is popular for a reason. High pay is probably the greatest motive for many job seekers from every corner of the earth to try to find a job and live in Gulf countries. Yet, job in the Gulf can give an extra boost to your career. Here is a list of top 5 jobs in the Gulf countries.
1. Construction. The highest paying jobs in the Gulf belong to this sector. According to statistics, an average salary in the construction industry is $11,454 per month. Demand for skilled and talented professionals is constant as well as for the higher skilled jobs such as project architect, site supervisor, site surveyor, architectural draftsman, but also for the less skilled jobs such as plumber, carpenter, electrician, mason and painter. The construction industry in the Gulf is one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
2. Banking and finance. Approximate monthly wage is $11,240. Accounting technician, chartered accountant, actuarial consultant, credit analyst, investment banker, tax advisor, branch manager, a treasury manager and a retail/personal banking manager are some of the positions that can guarantee you fat salary package. If you want to live and work in the Gulf, it is important to know that you need to have residence and employment visa.
3. Information Technology. Compared to last year, there has been a slight increase in salary, about 9%, which means nice $10,593 per month. Popular careers in IT sector are: database administrator, web developer, computer systems analyst, software developer and computer engineering. If you are an expert in this sector, than the best country for you in the Gulf is Saudi Arabia where IT head earns approximately $11,526.
4. Human Resources. HR area in the Gulf is among the best paid jobs with a whopping salary of $11,468. HR manager in United Arab Emirates takes home around $12,543 per month. Average monthly income in this sector has dropped from last year, but it’s still one of the largest in the Gulf countries.
5. Sales and Marketing. Whether it’s a multinational or local company, the head of the company earns about $11,560 per month. Besides the highest salary package, almost every company in this sector provides other benefits such as accommodation facilities, medical insurance, death benefits, offshore pensions, tax exemptions on employment income etc.