Tag Archives: guide

Beat the January Blues – Proven Habits of Amazingly Happy People

Happy Friday All,

Struggling to get through January? The holiday period a faded memory?

Well I was sent this article about the Habits of Exuberant Human Beings the other day (its an old one but a good one!) and thought it was definitely worth sharing.

Happy Friday - Happiness Habits

There is a popular theory, created by Martin Seligman (the father of positive psychology)  that while 60 percent of happiness is determined by our genetics and environment, the remaining 40 percent is up to us. The article goes on to state some pretty simple but highly effective things we can all do to build a happy lifestyle.

I wont list them all here just a few of the ones that jumped out. The article is definitely worth a read so go check it out.

1. Knock Knock….

knock knock

Yep you may have heard it before but there actually could  be some truth in the old saying, laughter really is the best medicine.

Laughing releases endorphins that increase pleasure, can reduce stress and more.

So crack out the joke book and share the laughter.

Continue reading “Beat the January Blues – Proven Habits of Amazingly Happy People” »

Posted in Community, Guide | Tagged , | 630 Comments

5 Things You Should Always Buy Used

used cars5 Things You Should Always Buy Used

Buying used products is a future millionaire’s secret strategy which can save you thousands of dollars per year. You have to invest your money wisely, because not all used stuff are welcome in your home so here is a list of things worth buying second hand.

1.   At the top of the saving list is buying a used car. According to statistics, car industry quality is higher and higher every year which means the highest level of dependability. For example, let us take two cars of the same model – a used and a new one. Used car is two years old and gets you great quality with huge savings. Buying a two year old vehicle can save you around $5,000. Biggest problem in buying a new car is the fact that vehicle value depreciate the minute you leave the shop.

2.   Your kid looks so cute in a brand new shirt making you, a proud parent, so pleased. Take a photo of your baby in that shirt – it will last longer, because your baby will outgrow it in a month. You end up with expensive piece of cloth that has been worn once or twice. Save up to 90 percent by choosing used stuff for your kid or 180% if you have twins. It is not worth spending top-dollars for new baby outfit when you can dress your baby in designer clothes by Ralph Loren, Quick Silver and Baby Gap for much less.  Baby toys and nursery furniture are also good way to save money. However, avoid buying used child car seats and cribs because of the safety risks.

3.   Is there a smell in the whole universe that can beat the smell of the old books? Hell no! That is the first reason for buying old books. The second is, believe it or not, the words in the old books are exactly the same as words in new books. Third reason is that you can save up to 90%. Used books are cheaper than most e-books. Many pros and no cons. If you don’t have enough time to  wait for the new Harry Potter book to get old and buy it half a price, hurry up to take a good place in the line in front of the bookstore.

4.   Sport and exercise equipment is lying around many basements, garages and attics collecting dust. Many owners wanted, but didn’t have time nor will to exercise. That is your perfect opportunity to buy almost new things, just check there’s no rust and take it home for some serious workout.

5.   Video games are similar sources of amusement as honeymoon – they don’t last very long, yet they are very expensive. For the price of one new game, you can get the whole series if you decide to buy it used. Their prices range from 10 to 70 percent lower than the new items. It takes less than 50 hours to complete the game which means you don’t have to wait long for the desired game to hit the second-hand markets. If you are a patient gamer, you can make big savings.

Posted in General Tips and Guide | Tagged , , | 515 Comments